Updates via Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 2 February 2009

    New Land Speed Taxi Record


    I arrived in Frankfurt today, I'm typing this while I wait for my e-mail to sync. I'm lucky to be here really, my taxi driver hit 203km/h on the autobahn from the airport (126mph is the conversion in UK measurement), adrenaline is brown so they say......

    It's quite common for these sorts of speeds to be achieved whilst taxing on the continent, Brussels I think was the most hairy I've ever done, as it was a similar speed with zig zagging on top!

    One thing I will say is that the taxi's here are immaculate. No rusty old heaps which make worrying noises when you drive, drivers in fleecy track suit bottom/combo tops and cars which stink of cigarettes. Some of the cabs in Warrington couldn't hit 50mph, let alone 126mph.
    So, the efficient Germans win the taxi war 1-0.

    No comments: