Updates via Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 6 December 2008

    Christmas Party Season...


    We've finished this week off with my works do.

    Without a doubt the best one we've ever done. This year the theme was the 70's and 500 people grooved along to the sounds of "Halle Rock" (who are the funky spin offs from the Halle Orchestra in Manchester), followed by a team of disco dancers who really got the crowd going. Judging by how quickly the dancefloor filled up, the theme was a winner.

    We held it for the third year in a huge marquee in the grounds of Manchester City football club, the interior was spectacular, so well done to the team at the club who put a great night on for us all. Caroline and I stayed overnight at the new Yang Sing Oriental boutique hotel in Manchester, you can read my review of it by clicking here.

    My party evening was mostly absorbed meeting and greeting people aswell as avoiding as much "work talk" as possible. It's surprising how the Christmas party brings out the "work talk" and despite my best intentions, I managed to get collared by around half a dozen people on the night much to Mrs J's disdain.

    This weekend we're putting up the Xmas decorations. A massive job. Our loft is full of stuff and my job tomorrow is to get it all down. I love the end result, however it's going to take some grunt tomorrow after a good nights sleep tonight. If you're flying over Warrington anytime in the next few weeks, you should be able to spot our place if you look out of the window!

    No comments: