Updates via Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 4 December 2008

    There's no place like home


    Travelling on business has many great aspects to it. You get to see new places, stay in great hotels, experience new things. Over the years, I've loved travelling and I still do.

    But, there are times when it's not so exciting. For example, flying in to a city, staying in an airport hotel, having a meeting, flying straight out again. It can be tiring and a little uninspiring.

    Having been away in Copenhagen for three nights, I'm pleased to get home. I couldn't sleep properly in the hotel bed (the pillows were awful, you know the sort, they puff up well but have absolutely no substance to them when you put your head on them). So, I've had three nights really restless sleep which has left me feeling very tired.

    Before sitting down to write this, Ive cooked some pasta for dinner, collected Alex and the dog from the in-laws, unpacked and had to send half a dozen e-mails, so I'm still running on adrenalin. Sky+ and the sofa is now calling and I predict a deep sofa sleep!

    No comments: